Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Futurecast Update

Here she is at 20 hours. I am really pleased with how she is coming out however i don't believe that I will be reaching my goal of finishing her in 25 hours. There is still some stitching to be done, a ton of back stitching and beading. I figure that there is another 10 or so hours to work on her before I see a finish.

I will be keeping her as my car piece instead of trading her out so I may be luck enough to see a finish on her by the end of next week. I have not decided if I will go ahead and start another Futurecast for myself when I complete her or start Dragon Rampant instead. I still have a bit to make that decision though.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

TW Tracery Dragon's Progress Post

Well, pages 2 & 3 of both the cross-stitching and backstitching/specialty stitching charts are done. I start on page 1 of the cross-stitching chart tomorrow. This has been a joy and a frustration. I never thought it would take so long to finish. At this rate, I will be thrilled to have this piece done by the end of the year. It's just one piece in a rotation of five pieces ... so I don't work on it exclusively.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Pegasus at StoneHenge

I have started another WIP. This is what the finished one will look like , it is called Pegasus at Stonehenge and is put out by Shinysun cross stitch. I will be back soon with a WIP picture.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Teresa Wentzler's Tracery Dragons Update

I am still working on pages 2 and 3 ... but I have finished the cross stitching and am now doing the backstitching and long stitching. I still have quite a bit of the backstitching on the trellis to complete and then it's on to adding the dragon's mane with a Kreinik metallic braid and using a wrapped backstitch to connect all the leaves to the rose bush canes. It's nice to see the design take on some definition. I hope to finish up all the backstitching and long stitching this week. I figure at the rate I am going, I may see a finish in late October or early November.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Rose Fairy Finish..

...and here she is :)  I did wonder if I would change my mind about back stitching the rose once I had done the back stitch on my Fairy, but I still like it the way I have left it.
I will have to decide how to finish her,but for now I am pleased I have completed her.

The designer is Joanne Sanderson. 
I used DMC cotton and DMC Light Effects.  
The beads are Mill Hill 03021 pearl.
Stitched on 14ct aida